Fund - is a specialized financial and credit institution, a member of the group of companies of "National Holding "KazAgro" JSC, focused on providing and expanding access to financial services for rural populations through the development of microcredit.
The Fund carries out its activities through its branch and representative network – there are 14 structural units, which are located in the cities of regional importance over Kazakhstan.
The staff of the Fund - is a young highly qualified personnel with experience in government and financial institutions, as well as knowing the characteristics of the agricultural sector of the economy.
The Fund is designed to achieve their goals, and is convinced that by supporting the village, we are strengthening the future!
Chronology of the main events of the fund
- State Agricultural Sector Financial Support Fund was established under the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Reorganizing the State Fund for financial support of agriculture into "Fund for financial support of agriculture" CJSC.
- "Fund for Financial Support of Agriculture" JSC implemented the 2004-2010 State Program of Rural Areas Development in the Republic of Kazakhstan
- "Fund for Financial Support of Agriculture" JSC implemented the Program Institutional of Agricultural Sector Development: Organizing Rural Population Microcrediting System.
- JSC "Fund for Financial Support of Agriculture" became a subsidiary of JSC KazAgro National Managing Holding Company, the latter's activities are aimed at advancing the agricultural sector development and increasing its competitiveness in the domestic and external markets.
- Fund established 51 microcredit organizations in rural regions of the republic.
- Cooperation with Microfinance Centre (MFC, Warsaw) was set up to conduct training for the Fund's employees on microcrediting issues
- The Fund was Issued a certificate of Microfinance Information eXchange, Inc. (MIX Market) awarding to it "4 diamond" of possible five. The certificate confirms that the Fund's operation is transparent, is marked by good quality, and all relevant information provided is trustworthy.
- The Fund was awarded the «β +» (positive) credit rating by international rating company M-CRIL (India).
- Cooperation with the PUM (Netherlands Government) in the field to providing advice and methodological support.
- Two agreements are signed with the United Nations Development Program on implementing microcrediting programs.
- The RK ISO-9001-2001 certificate was issued to the company
- The Fund became a member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Microfinance Organizations of Kazakhstan
- tripartite Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Islamic Development Bank, JSC "Fund for Financial Support of Agriculture "and"KazAgroFinance "on further cooperation
- memorandum of partnership was signed between the Foundation and the Microfinance Centre (MFC, Warsaw) for the establishment of technical support to microcredit organizations
- •The Fund concluded agreements with the local authorities of 12 regions, totaling 1.45 bln for lending to small businesses in rural areas.
- •The quality management system was embedded in the 7 (seven) branches and offices of the Fund
- •The Fund resigned from the board of directors AMFOK, but it remained a member of the association.
- The Fund was issued a certificate Microfinance Information eXchange, Inc. (MIX Market) awarding to it "5 Diamonds" of possible five. The certificate confirms that the Fund's operation transparent, is marked by good quality, and all relevant information provided is trustworthy.
- The Fund passed the procedure of assigning social rating by international rating agency Microfinanza rating. According to the results of the Fund is rated "BB + ", which confirms the Fund's ability to effectively move the mission to practice and develop social values, indicates a high probability of achieving social goals.
- The quality management system is embedded in the remaining seven (7) branches and offices of the Fund's standard ST RK ISO -9001:2009
- An agreement is signed with the Committee for Forestry and Hunting of the RK on the implementation of microcredit programs "Tabigi orta" under the UNDP project for the integrated conservation of biodiversity.
- The Fund concludes agreements with local agencies 4 areas totaling 400.0 million tenge, for lending to small businesses in rural areas
- In conjunction with a foreign partner Microfinance Center (MFC, Poland) was established a Center for assistance of microcredit organizations. Center aims to develop the microfinance sector through institutional strengthening of the MCO in Kazakhstan by implementing innovative approaches and the provision of quality specialized consulting services on a permanent basis.
- The Fund has successfully passed the certification audit of Quality Management System to receive an international certificate of quality, which complies with international quality ISO 9001:2008. Certification body was an international company TÜV International RUS.
- In the framework of the World Islamic Economic Forum as a result of reached agreements between Fund and the Islamic Development Bank was signed the Treaty on the granting of the Loan and Technical Assistance (Grant). According to the signed loan agreement IDB provides to the Fund 10 million USD for the implementing the Program of microfinancing the rural population of Kazakhstan for up to 10 years. It is expected that the commissions on the loan amount will not be more than 2% per annum.
- In 2011, the Fund launched a program "Sybaga" for lending to agriculture for the purchase of breeding stock of cattle and bulls for breeding young meat breed. Overall in 2011 under the program funded 725 projects on amount 4 351.8 million tenge.
- The FFSA has started the realization of the Islamic microfinance programme "Satty" within partnership with the Islamic Development Bank. In accordance with the IDB Loan Agreement, all necessary goods and services have been already procured and implemented: a special software; Islamic microfinance trainings; Islamic microfinance methodology. Two new microloan products have been elaborated: "Salam" and "Murabaha". In November 2012 the FFSA has started pilot Islamic microlending in three regions: Aktobe, Pavlodar and Southern Kazakhstan regions.
- JSC "Fund for Financial Support of Agriculture» had started the implementation of the second direction of the «Employment program – 2020as a regional authorized organization. 6 146 borrowers were financed for the total of 12,6 billion tenge were financed through the branch offices of the Fund, and for 500 million tenge through "Ырыс" Microcredit LLP.
- The implementation of the joint project with the Islamic Bank of Development continues. 462 loans in the amount of 1 328 million tenge were issued through the "Murabakha" program
- The "Zhylyzhai" program that finances construction and exploitation of mini-green houses was revived. A new program, "Kasipker", for financing non-agricultural types of business in the countryside is open. The Fund implements these programs using its own recourses.
- The Fund's current system of management of quality on the compliance with the MC ISO 9001-2009, МС ISO 9001:2008.
- Standards of the Republic of Kazakhstan has been approved as the certification body.
- Mudis Investors Service has obtained a preliminary rating of (P) Ba2 through the debt program of the JSC "Fund for Financial Support of Agriculture" in the total amount of 15 billion tenge.
- Offices of the oblast branches were opened in Astana, Taldykorgan, and Semey.
- The Fund joined the realization of the Mono-cities Development Program, in micro crediting of business. Four hundred and sixty projects were financed for the total of 1.2 billion tenge.
- Financing through new programs: "Yrys" finances the development of family dairy-goods farms, the development of dairy-reception stations. Intensive orchards, drip irrigation development programs have started.
Cooperation with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in the framework of the project "Enhancing Regional Competitiveness in Kazakhstan" was launched. In the East Kazakhstan region, the first cooperatives for the development of dairy cattle breeding.
Moody's Investors Service confirmed the Fund's rating at the level of «Ва2/стабильный / NP, Baa1.kz».
For the first time, 87% of the bonds of the first and 25.5% of the second issue of the Fund in the redistributions of the first bond program are placed on the trading platform of Kazakhstan Stock Exchange JSC.
Memorandums of cooperation were signed with the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs "Atameken", the Enterprise Development Fund "Damu".
For the first time an unsecured loan was issued under the program "Crediting of microfinance (microcredit) organizations for further microcrediting of rural residents and agricultural producers".
In 2014-2015, within the second wave of privatization, the Fund's shares in the charter capital of 15 MCOs were sold.
Implementation of programs aimed at involving private subsidiary farms in increasing the volume of agricultural products and their integration into cooperatives.
New loan products were initiated and introduced - " Bereke", " Birlik", "Igilik", " Yntymak".
The Fund took part in the creation and development of more than 500 agricultural production cooperatives, which united about 19 thous. small household farms.
Under the Program for the Development of Productive Employment and Mass Entrepreneurship for 2017-2021, 4 638 loans were issued for the amount of 11 519 million tenge. Within the framework of the program, were implemented "Igilik", "Bereke", "Eginzhai", "Kasipker", "Yntymak" credit products.
- The Fund continued to participate in the implementation of the Program for the Development of Productive Employment and Mass Entrepreneurship, under which it financed 8,257 small business projects for 30 billion tenge.
- A CRM system is being implemented that automates the process of reviewing loan applications, including processing applications, monitoring its progress, transparency of the review process, and speeding up the time for individuals to submit applications from 15 to 11 business days.
- A system of coupons has been developed, according to which, when a loan application is submitted, a special coupon is issued to the client, which contains basic data on the fact of his appeal: the main program conditions, the provision of a package of documents, the terms for consideration of the application, contacts of the loan manager.